Cheltenham Activity Camps Terms and Conditions
- After booking a camp online or by telephone, you will receive and email confirming your booking. Which is when the contract between us is formed
- We do not accept American Express but accept payment by credit, debit card and childcare vouchers
- Payment for camps is due at the time the booking is made. For payment with childcare vouchers you will be required to pay by a debit/credit card at the time of booking and we will reimburse you once we have received your vouchers. Please use your Surname and Customer ID as a reference. Allow 5 days for them to reach us.
- English is not taught on our courses- children are required to have a sufficient level of spoken English to follow instructions and communicate with other children
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect camps in respect of which we have already sent a Booking Confirmation
- Late Pick up Fee – £7.50 will be charged for every 15 minutes your child is left with us outside of scheduled times.
- Only one discount code (if available) can be used at any time and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
2) Changing your booking
- Dates must be moved within the same holiday season subject to availability and will be honored on a first- come first served basis
- If you break up a week into individual days, you are no longer eligible for a reduced weekly rate and will be required to pay the difference
- We recommend the request to change should be received by us within 10 days of your child staring camp. After this there will be limited availability and you request may not be possible
- Changes are not possible with less than 48 hours’ notice.
- Please see Cancelling your booking for our cancellation policy.
3) Cancelling your booking
- All cancellations must be made in writing preferably via email.
- Cancellations made more than 20 working days prior to the start of the camp we will refund 40% fee.
- Cancellations made between 19 and 6 working days prior to the camp we will refund 30% fee
- Cancellations made less than 5 working days prior to the camp will not be eligible for a refund.
- No charge if only a change is made to the booking (e.g. dates)
- All changes will be in accordance with Clause 4.
- If you wish to cancel days within a week, we will then recalculate your booking at the daily rate which may result in an additional charge.
4) Venue cancellation
- We reserve the right that in exceptional circumstances we may have to cancel particular dates. This may include adverse weather conditions, low attendance or other unforeseen circumstances
- In this event, we will try to give those booked onto the programme at least 14 days’ notice, but failing that, as much notice as possible, and will offer a suitable alternative, if one is available, or a full refund all monies paid for the dates cancelled, if preferred.
- We will endeavour to advise customers of any closure by means of email, text or notification on the Cheltenham Activity Camps website as soon as possible. The website will be updated with the most up to date information.
- If the camp is open but the customer is unable to attend camp during adverse weather conditions, no refund will be applicable.
5) Extended Care and Late Pick-up
- Our standard hours for all camps are 10.00am to 4.00pm
- If you need care outside these hours you must book our extended hours. You are able to book this up to and including the day your child attends camp
- All children MUST be collected by 5.45pm.
- Please call if for any reason you are running late and unable to collect by 5.30 and two members of staff will wait with your child until he/she is collected.
- If by 6.30 we have no contact from a parent/guardian by we will contact Social Services to advise them we have an uncollected child.
- A late collection fee of £7.50 for every 15 minutes will be charged to cover additional staffing costs.
- Parents who continually pick up late will be refused future bookings
- All children in our care are covered by our Public Liability Insurance.
7) Medical information
- Our staff ratios are 1:8 for ages 4 ½ – 7and 1:16 for ages 8 and over irrespective of any specific needs or medical conditions.
- Where a child needs additional care or one-to-one support parents/ carers (if in receipt of a valid DBS) are able to attend camp to support their child.
- The Child Information form must be completed for each child truthfully and comprehensively providing us with all information which may be relevant to the child taking part in the camp. It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to contact us and inform us of any medical conditions and physical and/or behavioural needs of a child should they be significant enough to have to consider reasonable adjustments for the child to fully participate and enjoy the camp. Such decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
- If full information about medical or physical conditions, or behavioural matters, is not provided at the time of booking we may have to cancel the booking with no refund will be paid.
- All information given will be treated in complete confidence.
- It is our policy not to exclude any child due to specific needs and/or medical conditions wherever possible.
- We are happy to accommodate a child with specific needs on a trial basis and reserve the right to review further bookings.
8) Child Exclusion
- Cheltenham Activity Camps reserves the right to exclude any child for any reason should we deem it necessary to do so. This includes where a participant does not comply with the safety rules and advice, does not act responsibly and courteously, is disruptive, does not participate, behaves in a way we deem to be inappropriate in the circumstance, fails to respect or affects the enjoyment of camp for other participants.
- No refunds or compensation will be payable by us in the event that any child is not permitted to, undertake or complete the camp for the reasons set out in this clause..
9) Equal Opportunities and Child Protection
- Cheltenham Activity Camps is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all children, regardless of their gender, ability, race or religion.
- Cheltenham Activity Camps will contact the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board and act on their advice if a child makes a disclosure about abuse or they suspect a child in their care may be suffering from abuse.
10) Policies and Procedures
- Copies of Cheltenham Activity Camps policies and procedures are held at camp and are available from the Activity Camp Manager on request.
11) Data Protection
- Cheltenham College is registered on the Data Protection Register
- Occasionally we may contact you via email/mail or text with future information about our services. You may opt out of our mailing list when booking or afterwards at any stage.
- Cheltenham Activity Camps strive to deliver a high quality standard to all we welcome suggestions on improvements and regularly ask for feedback from parents/ carers in order that their needs can be met. Any concerns will be dealt with promptly and it is our aim that all parents/ carers feel comfortable to voice their opinions safe in the knowledge they will be listened to a, with a satisfactory conclusion for all involved.
- If you have a concern please talk to the Camp Manager promptly or email or call us. We will aim to deal with your complaint within 48 hours of its receipt.